Baker Donelson is proud to sponsor the Commercial Gaming: State of the States panel Wednesday, May 4, 2016, at the Southern Gaming Summit in Biloxi, Mississippi. The panel will be moderated by Baker Donelson shareholder, Dan M. McDaniel Jr., and shareholder Will Somerville, along with senior public policy advisor, Bruce Bowers, will be featured on a panel of legal and regulatory authorities and experts from the southern region and nationally. The panel will discuss the challenges regulators face in mature commercial gaming markets, such as guaranteeing the integrity of the gaming product while working to keep it as competitive as possible in the context of non-stop technological change, which has produced new forms of gambling online, including the burgeoning fantasy sports market, and has also fundamentally altered consumer gaming entertainment options.
Moderator: Dan M. McDaniel Jr., Shareholder, Baker Donelson
- Bruce Bowers, Senior Public Policy Advisor, Baker Donelson
- Allen Godfrey, Executive Director, Mississippi Gaming Commission
- Christopher B. Hebert, Director, Gaming Division, Louisiana Department of Justice, Attorney General Jeff Landry's Office
- Steven L. Scheinthal, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Landry's Inc.
- Will Somerville, Shareholder, Baker Donelson