A host of regulatory and finance reforms have ushered in significant changes for health care entities, and likewise, for the boards that guide them. How can general counsel broach these changes with their boards and steer members toward sound legal decision-making with an eye to compliance, quality and transparency?
Steve Smith and Sarah Swank of the Ober|Kaler Health Care General Counsel Institute presented this 90-minute webinar discussion of what in house counsel should be communicating to their boards and how to present these considerations effectively.
The presentation covered:
- fiduciary obligations of board members
- discussing strategic planning around health care reform (ACOs, payments, mergers and acquisitions)
- the role of medical staff matters, including due process hearings and credentialing
- driving quality decision-making at the board level
- reporting obligations around changes in enforcement and compliance
- hot topics in tax exemption, including the 990 form and conflicts of interest