This event is for Birmingham Business Alliance investors at the Cornerstone Alliance, Corporate Catalyst, Blueprint Champion, Chairman's Circle, Key Stakeholder and Board of Trustee level only. For questions, contact Laura Patterson at email@example.com or 205.241.8116.
In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision upholding key provisions of the ACA, employers are questioning what this decision means to them and their health plans. In this session, our panel will discuss the impact of this decision, review key provisions in the Act scheduled to become effective by 2014 and suggest planning options for cost-effective plan design changes.
Our panel (Andrea Powers of Baker Donelson, Mike Velezis of Blue Cross and Jim Stroud of Warren Averett) will address such immediate action items as:
- Permitted and practical uses of “Medical Loss Ratio” rebate proceeds
- Preparing Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Complying with notice and reporting rules regarding waiver of annual limits
- W-2 reporting on the value of employer-sponsored coverage
- Implementing $2,500 cap on employee FSA contributions
- Assessing grandfathered status
- Future action items, fees and the ACA’s likely impact on health care costs.
Seating is limited to the first 50 who respond.
Continental breakfast will be served.