Baker Donelson's Global Business Team
Expand Globally, Engage Locally
The expanding global marketplace presents unique trade and investment opportunities throughout the world for both US and non-US businesses and individuals. The goal of the Global Business Team is to help our clients achieve success wherever their business takes them in the world. From our 18 offices located in key markets throughout the Southeastern United States and in Washington, D.C. and London and with the assistance of our extensive global network of local counsel and other professionals, we have helped our US and non-US clients take advantage of these global opportunities in over 90 countries spanning 6 continents.
The more than 45 members of the Global Business Team routinely work with our US clients in China, Japan, the United Kingdom, Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America. We also regularly assist non-US businesses and individuals in connection with their activities in the United States. Our cross-border services include:
- Cross-Border Mergers and acquisitions
- International dispute resolution, including arbitration, litigation and mediation
- Establishing green field and brown field operations in manufacturing, assembly and logistics and distribution
- Management of Global Intellectual property portfolios, including registration and enforcement of copyrights, trademarks and patents and trade secret protection
- Global Immigration including EB-5 permanent residence
- Cross Border Labor & Employment, including employee benefits
- Trade and compliance, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, The UK Bribery Act of 2010 and export control restrictions
- CFIUS filings
- Cross Border commercial contracting and related transactions
- Global Public policy
- International Tax
- Government contracts
- Negotiations with regulatory agencies and drafting Joint Venture Agreements, Joint Exploration Agreements, Operating Agreements, Acquisition Agreements and a wide range of supporting documents for foreign entities interested in the oil and gas business in the U.S.
The members of the Global Business Team have developed close working relationships with leading lawyers and other professionals from around the globe. Baker Donelson also is a member of several of the leading global law firm networks through which we can access the right expertise in the right country. Our international network of local attorneys, bankers, accountants and government representatives provides detailed, up-to-date knowledge and information about local business and legal issues and the personalities involved, thus assuring a more tailored, efficient and effective approach to problem solving and dispute resolution. Regardless of where the project or the dispute is centered in the world, Baker Donelson provides a single point of contact to coordinate in a cost effective and efficient manner the local, national and global resources needed to achieve our clients' goals.