Baker Donelson's Infrastructure and Surface Transportation Team has consistently achieved appropriations and policy results for our clients on the issues that matter most. We provide long term strategic counsel as well as day-to-day representation, helping to protect and advance our clients' business by applying effective tools at the right time to achieve results.
Baker Donelson's Infrastructure and Surface Transportation Team represents clients in virtually every sector of the industry, both public and private, bringing together the Firm's broad experience in federal legislative, regulatory and appropriations issues, as well as environmental matters and state and local government issues.
Because many infrastructure projects by nature require federal appropriations, securing funding is paramount and we often partner with our appropriations team to achieve successful outcomes for our clients. Additionally, our advisors work to affect policy changes that can save clients millions of dollars and allow them to maintain their competitive edge.
Having served on the key congressional transportation committee staffs and in federal transportation agencies, the members of the Infrastructure and Surface Transportation team are positioned to develop winning strategies for clients, and we work closely with key federal policymakers to achieve the best results possible.
- Providing ongoing assistance to several public transit agencies through the implementation of individualized strategic, legislative and regulatory agendas, and by helping to obtain federal appropriations for critical capital projects.
- Secured a $150 million federal financing commitment for a major expansion of one of the United States' largest airports.
- Assisted with the creation of a strategic inside-the-beltway plan to focus on a client's core business areas and to increase their interaction with relevant federal agencies and Capitol Hill.
- Assisted with the air rights development and modernization of the transportation infrastructure at Washington, D.C.'s historic Union Station.
- Providing ongoing assistance in securing federal funding to update roadway access to a major defense base in the wake of changes mandated by the BRAC process.