Charles W. Ferguson, shareholder in the Jackson office, practices primarily in the Health Care Group. He concentrates his practice on advising large and small corporations and physician practice groups as well as tax exempt entities in the context of health care related mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. His clients have included physician practice management companies, individual physicians, physician groups and ambulatory surgery centers. He regularly advises health care clients with regard to federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws, corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting prohibitions as well as general contracting issues.
Although a substantial portion of Mr. Ferguson's practice is related to advising health care related clients, he also advises other clients in connection with general corporate transactions such as asset and stock purchases, merger transactions, private securities offerings as well as ongoing contractual and business planning needs. Mr. Ferguson has represented many types of companies and their shareholders from a variety of industries who are seeking to acquire other companies. He also has represented companies and shareholders who have received offers to sell. Mr. Ferguson regularly advises clients from the initial stages of such negotiations through the letter of intent and negotiation of definitive documents.
- Recent Legislation Cases, and Other Developments Affecting Health care Providers and Integrated Delivery Systems, Professional Organizations, Qualified Plans, Healthcare and Welfare Benefits, ALI-ABA Course of Study, Phoenix, Arizona (1998 – 2000)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Health Care Law since 2007
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers (2011, 2012)
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Certified Public Accountant (Mississippi)*
- Member – Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Mississippi Bar Association (Estates and Trusts, Taxation, Business and Health Care Sections)
- Chair – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar (2005 – 2006)
- Vice President – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar (2004 – 2005)
- Secretary – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar (2003 – 2004)
- Editor – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar Newsletter (Spring 2003)
- Associate Editor – Mississippi Law Journal (1994 – 1995)
- Mississippi, 1995
- Georgia, 1995
- Texas, 2014
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1995, cum laude
- Baylor University, Master of Taxation, 1989
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. in Real Estate, 1987
*Baker Donelson is not a CPA firm.