Brad Chambers is the office managing shareholder of Baker Donelson's Houston office. He defends clients in litigation and trial on environmental, energy, insurance and commercial matters, and provides strategic counsel to business owners and senior management on business, development and entrepreneurial ventures. His trial experience includes both federal and state courts, as well as jurisdictions outside of Texas and the United States, and covers a variety of business interests. He also advises clients during all aspects of the business life cycle from start-up, acquisition, restructuring and divestiture, with an emphasis on strategic planning.
- Successfully defended an oilfield product supplier in a Texas jury trial in a reservoir damage matter.
- Received defense verdict for oilfield service company in a Texas jury trial in a pipeline damage matter.
- Defended an oil-field service company in a Texas jury trial in a well damage matter.
- Served as lead counsel in a London-based arbitration for an offshore drilling company in a multi-national commercial dispute.
- Lead counsel on numerous CERCLA matters.
- Represented an oil-field service company in a ground water contamination action.
- Defended a mining company in a dioxin contamination matter.
- Lead counsel representing a depositor defendant in a water contamination, landfill leeching case.
- Represented clients in a criminal investigation conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Clean Air Act.
- Defended a professional engineering firm in a design defect case against a Texas municipality for design defects in a water and sewage treatment facility.
- Represented a NYSE-listed corporation in an acquisition dispute.
- Successfully prosecuted a coverage claim for an exploration and production company in a loss of well control insurance matter.
- Defended numerous Lloyd's of London syndicates in an international insurance coverage matter regarding power generation facilities.
Strategic Business Counsel
- Serve as outside general counsel for nonprofit and for-profit entities.
- Lead counsel on a start-up software venture.
- Strategic counsel on corporate restructuring of a closely held corporation.
- Provided counsel to Fortune 500 officers regarding Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and investigation.
- Advised a NYSE-listed corporation on Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) investigation.
- Member – Houston, Texas and American Bar Associations
- Named – Houston Top Lawyer by H Texas Magazine (2011 – 2016)
- Named – Texas Rising Star in Law & Politics, Key Professional Media, Inc. (2006 – 2010)
- Advisory Board Member – Institute for Energy Law
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Texas A&M University, B.S., 1993