Brad Chambers concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, environmental and energy matters. His experience includes trial and appellate matters in both federal and state courts, including jurisdictions outside of Texas and the United States, representing a variety of business interests. Mr. Chambers is the office managing shareholder in Baker Donelson's Houston office and is a member of the Business Litigation Group.
- Successfully defended an oilfield product supplier of tubular goods in Texas District Court jury trial in which an exploration and production company alleged product liability, damage to the reservoir and lost profits in a gas well.
- Received defense verdict for oilfield service company in a Texas District Court product liability jury trial alleging pipeline damage as the result of an additive to a crude oil pipeline.
- Defended an oil field service company in Texas District Court jury trial against allegations of breach of contract for reworking services and well damage; result was a take nothing judgment in favor of the client.
- Prosecutor in London-based arbitration for an offshore drilling company in a multi-national dispute involving drill pipe and product enhancements, which resulted in award for client.
- Prosecuted commercial action regarding the development of a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility which resulted in a judgment against the developer in excess of $2 million.
- Defended a mining company in Arkansas District Court against allegations of dioxin contamination, resulting in a commercially reasonable settlement.
- Defended a Japanese chemical manufacturer in Texas District Court involving CERCLA and RCRA derivative actions for environmental damage and indemnity, result was a commercially reasonable settlement.
- Lead counsel representing a depositor defendant in Texas District Court in a water contamination, landfill leeching case involving 1,500 plaintiffs in South Texas resulting in a nuisance value settlement.
- Represented numerous employees of a corporation in a criminal investigation conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Defended a professional engineering firm in Texas District Court in a design defect case against a Texas municipality for design defects in a water and sewage treatment facility resulting in a nuisance value settlement.
- Represented a NYSE-listed corporation in an acquisition dispute with the principals of the acquired company resulting in a nuisance value settlement.
- Successfully prosecuted a coverage claim for an exploration and production company regarding the loss of well control insurance.
- Defended numerous Lloyd's of London syndicates in an international insurance coverage matter regarding power generation facilities in trial in Texas District Court.
- Serve as outside general counsel for nonprofit and for-profit entities.
- Provided counsel to Fortune 500 officers regarding Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and investigations.
- Advised a NYSE-listed corporation on Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) investigation.
- Represented an NYSE-listed corporation in an acquisition dispute with the principals of the acquired company resulting in a nuisance value settlement.
- Member – Houston, Texas and American Bar Associations
- Named – Houston Top Lawyer by H Texas Magazine (2011 – 2015)
- Named – Texas Rising Star in Law & Politics, Key Professional Media, Inc. (2006 – 2010)
- Advisory Board Member – Institute for Energy Law
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Texas A&M University, B.S., 1993