The legal and compliance landscape for gainsharing arrangements and bundled payments is continuing to change. The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), which went into effect on April 1, 2015, limited the applicability of the gainsharing CMP to reductions in "medically necessary" care. This and other changes present new opportunities for collaboration between hospitals and physicians. During this webinar, Bill will provide insight into the following:
- How are MACRA's changes to the CMP impacting gainsharing arrangements?
- What are the key operational and regulatory concerns for health care providers considering bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements?
- How do bundled payment and gainsharing arrangements differ from co-management arrangements and ACOs?
- What critical provisions should be documented when formalizing these arrangements?
- How do quality incentive payments interact with gainsharing arrangements?