Combating fraud and abuse and promoting a more efficient and quality health care system continues to be a major priority of the government. At the same time, the government is now well armed with new tools and additional funding to investigate and prosecute. Fraud and abuse touches all areas of health care operations, including contracting, medical staff and credentialing, managed care and business development. This webinar will equip you with a working knowledge of the fraud and abuse laws.
Sarah E. Swank of the Ober|Kaler Health Care General Counsel Institute and Catherine A. Martin, former OIG lawyer and member of Ober|Kaler's Health Law Group, presented a webinar covering these fraud and abuse topics:
- Overview of the fraud and abuse laws
- OIG guidance and other government resources
- Recent enforcement trends
- Self-disclosure and other hot topics
- Compliance concerns and practical challenges for in-house counsel