Warner J. Delaune, of counsel in the Firm's Baton Rouge office, is a member of Baker Donelson's Intellectual Property Group.
Through representation of both large and small companies, he has written and prosecuted numerous patent applications across a wide variety of technologies, including medical devices, sporting goods, firearms, watercraft, computer networking, wastewater treatment, recycling processes, metal cleaning and coating, electromechanical control systems, oil and gas extraction and manufacturing equipment. Mr. Delaune also counsels clients in transactional matters involving intellectual property, including license agreements, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, he handles intellectual property litigation matters in both federal and state court. He is a registered patent attorney licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent cases.
Mr. Delaune received his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University in mechanical engineering, and he was employed with Texas Instruments, Inc., in the Defense Systems and Electronics Group, where he designed infrared systems for use on military vehicles. He also participated in flight testing of those systems on both fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.
- Counsel to software company sold to global CAD/CAM developer.
- Management of international patent portfolios for clients in recycling, rotary seals, shipbuilding and construction equipment.
- Counsel to universities in wide range of research and development projects.
- Counsel to pharmaceutical startup in technology license and private placement.
- Counsel to technology companies in equity investment transactions involving license agreements, joint development agreements and supply agreements.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2009 in the areas of Intellectual Property Law and Technology Law
- Member – Advisory Board, Louisiana Business and Technology Center at Louisiana State University (2006 – 2008)
- Member – Louisiana Technology Council
- Member – Louisiana State Bar, Section on Intellectual Property
- Member –American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property
- Member – American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Recipient – Baker Donelson's 2011 Baton Rouge Office Pro Bono Award
- Past Assistant Instructor – Engineering Graphics, Louisiana State University
- Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Courts, for the Middle, Eastern, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D., 1991
- Louisiana State University, B.S., 1986
- Received Outstanding Senior Design Project award for a veterinary spinal testing device, 1985