Richard Henderson is a registered patent attorney in the Firm's Washington, D.C. office. Dr. Henderson has significant experience in patent prosecution; the preparation and negotiation of agreements including license, consulting and secrecy agreements; trademark review and prosecution; and other intellectual property issues such as patentability, validity and infringement opinions.
Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Dr. Henderson served as senior patent counsel and head of the patent group for nine years at Bayer CropScience LP and as patent counsel for 14 years at Bayer Corporation, where he was responsible for intellectual property matters for Bayer's Industrial Chemicals Division. Prior to Bayer, he worked as a patent attorney with Merck and as a patent agent with G. D. Searle.
- Moderator − "Impact of the America Invents Act on Licensing," Licensing Executives Society's (LES) Pan-European Conference, Rome, June 10-12
- District of Columbia (2012)
- New Jersey (1987)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, No. 31619 (1984)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1987, with honors
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D., 1973
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, B.S., 1967