Bill O'Connor is an associate in the Firm's Memphis office and a member of the Securities and Corporate Governance Group.
While in law school, Mr. O'Connor was an extern for the Honorable Judge David S. Kennedy and the Honorable Judge George W. Emerson, Jr., both of the United States Bankruptcy Court.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. O'Connor worked in the technology industry as a systems manager and technology officer.
- Author – "Are You Positive Electricity is a 'Good?' — Why Electricity Should be Considered a 'Service' Under § 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code," 42 U. Mem. L. Rev. 187 (2011)
- Recipient – Honorable David S. Kennedy Bankruptcy Achievement Award, 2011 and 2012
- Member – Memphis Bar Association
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Diversity Leadership Institute, 2012
- Member – American Bar Association
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, University of Memphis, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Business Editor – The University of Memphis Law Review (2011 – 2012)
- Member – The University of Memphis Law Review
- Cecil C. Humphreys Law Fellowship, 2010 – 2011
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Securities Regulations
- Dean's Award for Excellence, Best Memorandum, 2009
- Public Action Law Society Pro Bono Service Award, Platinum, 2010 – 2011
- Student Justice, Honor Council, 2011 – 2012
- Member – 19th & 20th Annual Conrad B. Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team
- Outstanding Brief, 19th Annual Conrad B. Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1990