Paul R. O'Rourke has practiced employee benefits (ERISA) law for thirty years, working with a wide range of clients from very large, publicly-traded employers to self-employed individual arrangements. Clients include for-profit entities, as well as governmental, church and other tax-exempt entities. Mr. O'Rourke handles qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, executive compensation, regulatory issues and dispute resolution, cafeteria plans, welfare plans, COBRA and other benefit-related matters. He is often involved with regulatory compliance matters relating to these plans, whether through routine governmental filings, correction procedures for operational problems, and dispute resolution with the IRS and Department of Labor.
Mr. O'Rourke is shareholder in the Memphis office. He speaks at numerous seminars and programs on employee benefits, particularly in the tax-qualified retirement plan area.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Employee Benefits Law (ERISA) since 2010
- Member – American (Tax Section), Tennessee, Georgia and Memphis Bar Associations
- Tennessee, 1990
- Georgia, 1985
- New York University, LL.M., 1984
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Boston College, B.S., 1971