Marty Hartley focuses her practice on representing international and domestic developers and commercial property owners in the acquisition, development, finance, and disposition of commercial real estate, including resorts, hotels, mixed use, condominiums and affordable housing projects.
Ms. Hartley also has more than 25 years of experience in corporate practice and taxation, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and business succession planning. She also has substantial experience in association law, public finance and franchising. Ms. Hartley practiced as a certified public accountant prior to embarking on her legal career and incorporates this knowledge into her practice.*
- Formation of $22 million Irish equity fund investing in U.S. real estate.
- Acquisition, financing and land use planning for 365-acre mixed use parcel in Florida.
- Abatement of more than $10 million in ad valorem taxes for Florida resort condominium in a case of first impression in Florida.
- Terminations of condominium regimes for Florida "fractured" condominiums.
- Oversight of due diligence team for $200 million hotel portfolio acquisition.
- Modifications and workouts of distressed debt for several national loan servicers.
- Presenter – "LEADING THE RECOVERY: Multi-Family in the Limelight," CREW Orlando Luncheon Program, September 19, 2012
- Author – "Transactional Lawyers Guide to the FIRPTA Withholding Rule," The Florida Bar Journal
- Author – "Property Tax Relief for Florida Affordable Housing Projects," GT Alert, 2010
- Author – "Acquiring Partnership Interests in a Like Kind Exchange," Southeast Real Estate Business, 2003
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® since 2008 in the areas of Real Estate Law and Tax Law
- Listed in Orlando Magazine's "Best Lawyers in Orlando," 2010
- Member – The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Former Chairman – Orange County Bar Association Tax Committee
- Executive Committee Member – United Arts of Central Florida
- Former Member – The Florida Bar Foundation
- Member – Association for Corporate Growth, Central Florida Chapter
- Member – Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 1979
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. with honors, 1977
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S. with honors, 1971
*Baker Donelson is not a CPA Firm.