Robert Walker, senior counsel in the Memphis office, concentrates his practice in the areas of securities, bank regulatory and general corporate law. Mr. Walker has extensive experience in the area of bank regulations, which includes acquisition and sale of banks and bank branches; state bank formation and regulation; national bank formation and regulation; bank holding company formation and regulation; various forms of debt and equity financings for financial institutions; change in control applications and failed bank acquisitions and thrift conversions. In the area of securities, Mr. Walker also has extensive experience in private placement of securities, serving as company counsel and as underwriter's counsel in the public offerings of securities, partnership syndication, Blue Sky memoranda and registration and tender offers. In the area of business organizations, Mr. Walker has represented clients in corporate formations, corporate acquisitions and mergers, shareholder agreements, dissenting shareholder actions, corporate governance disputes, business contract drafting, partnership formations, partnership restructuring and dissolution and employment agreements.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2005 in the areas of Banking and Finance Law, Business Organizations, Financial Services Regulation Law and Corporate Law
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2013 Memphis Financial Services Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Member – Memphis and Tennessee Bar Associations
- Duke University, J.D., 1968
- Virginia Military Institute, B.A., 1965