How Can We Help With Export Licensing Related To The I-129 Form?
September 12, 2011
We can help you and your client:
- Complete the I-129 export control compliance certification.
- Understand the export control certification requirements.
- Assess whether the export controls apply to particular technology or technical data.
- Learn how to navigate the Export Administration (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations.
- Develop and train HR managers on export controls.
- Understand third-party liability and certification issues.
- Institute technology and travel guidelines to prevent export control violations.
- Better comprehend the fundamental research exception for hospitals and universities.
For further information or assistance please contact Doreen Edelman at 202.508.3460 or
or Hena Schommer at 202.654.4618 or
Please access our July 12, 2011 webinar for further clarifications and practical tips for complying with the new deemed exports requirements for companies that employ foreign workers. Moderated by Ms. Edelman with Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration; and Randy Pratt, Director Information Technology Controls Division. Go to www.bakerdonelson.com/international-practice-areas and choose the webinar from the Publication list on the left.
We regularly represent corporate and individual clients who may be subject to requirements for export licensing. We counsel companies prospectively on the development of internal compliance programs that minimize the risk and potential for violation of such laws. We perform preliminary audits of company policies and actions. We believe that such service is an important element in the best practices program for any U.S. business entity transacting international business in today’s regulatory climate.