Hospital and health system consolidation and strategic positioning remain active areas in health care. Baker Donelson's Health Care Group has represented hospitals and health systems in nearly 100 transactions in 15 states.
- The purchaser of three acute care hospitals from a for-profit system. We also assisted the purchaser in a private placement of equity to fund the acquisition.
- A 133-licensed bed acute care hospital owned by an Arkansas nonprofit tax-exempt corporation in obtaining a valuation of the hospital and negotiating an agreement to grant an option to purchase the hospital to a for profit hospital system.
- A physician-hospital joint venture in its purchase of a physician-owned specialty hospital in Arkansas. We also advised the purchaser in obtaining provider-based status for the acquired facility.
- The seller of a 66-bed behavioral hospital in Texas.
- A multi-member not-for-profit corporation selling its sole acute care hospital in Louisiana.
- The seller of a long term acute care hospital in Louisiana.
- A for-profit system in forming two joint ventures with a not-for-profit system to operate two inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in Tennessee and Virginia.
- The purchaser of an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Texas.
- A for-profit system in its purchase of a Georgia acute care hospital from a not-for-profit corporation and a county hospital authority, including obtaining state attorney general approval of the transaction.
- A for-profit system in forming a joint venture with a not-for-profit hospital to operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Arizona.
- A bank in providing secured term and working capital loans to a company operating residential treatment facilities for adolescents and children in Ohio and Texas.
- The seller of a 78-bed acute care hospital in Arkansas.
- A city government and a municipal hospital authority in Tennessee in the lease and sale of an acute care hospital to a non-for-profit corporation, securing a commitment to build a new replacement hospital, including obtaining state attorney general approval of the transaction.
- A Catholic health system in negotiating agreements to develop, finance and manage a municipal hospital in Louisiana, including implementation of Catholic Ethical and Religious Directives.
- A not-for-profit health system in forming a joint venture with a multi-specialty physician clinic for the operation of an acute care hospital in Arkansas.
- A long term acute care hospital company in structuring the sale of a to-be-developed hospital in Illinois.
- The seller of an inpatient rehabilitation and behavioral health hospital in Texas.