Daniel Stephenson is an associate in the Nashville office of Baker Donelson where he concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation and corporate law.
Mr. Stephenson's tax practice involves advising clients on complex business transactions in a tax efficient manner, including mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, capital formation, financial instruments, executive compensation, leveraged buyouts, partnerships, limited liability companies, S Corporations, private equity and venture capital. He regularly counsels financial institutions and engages in estate planning for closely held businesses.
Mr. Stephenson concentrates his corporate practice on corporate finance, regulatory compliance, debt and equity offerings, governance and structuring, negotiating and documenting complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity funds.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Stephenson worked with Ernst & Young in the tax consulting practice group focusing primarily on insurance and banking clients.
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in taxation, 2011
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude
- University of Mississippi Law Journal
- Samford University, M.Acc., 2004
- Samford University, B.S., 2004