Baker Donelson currently provides corporate/IT procurement assistance to the headquarter locations of several Fortune 500 companies, having been selected by many of these sophisticated clients as a “Preferred Provider” of legal services through nationwide competitive bid processes. One of our key strengths lies in our experience with both vendors and purchasers of technology, products and services; we understand the business drivers on both sides of the transaction and can use this knowledge to achieve the most favorable result for the client. This breadth of experience allows us to avoid unnecessary roadblocks and fashion creative solutions for corporate/IT procurement transactions.
- Developed contract templates and explanatory playbooks to be used internally by a Fortune 100 company’s procurement and legal staff for enterprise-wide procurement (including provision of proprietary risk-assessment tool that was implemented by company).
- Assisted international automotive manufacturer in complete infrastructure outsourcing agreements with multiple vendors.
- Assisted one of world's leading manufacturers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products in licensing of enterprise-wide computer software.
- Assisted in-licensing of critical medical device technology for Fortune 10 company.
- Created contract templates and playbooks for an international computer services company for its strategic relationships.
- Supported the sales division of a Fortune 500 technology company with full-time, seconded attorneys as an extension of the client’s in-house staff in mission-critical geographic and vertical business markets.
- Assisted in leasing a national auto fleet for 30,000-employee publicly-traded corporation.
- Created contract templates and playbooks for all travel, accommodations, and meeting activities of a Fortune 100 company (including training of staff and vendors).
- Developed necessary legal documentation for web-based clearinghouse of workers' compensation claims.
- Developed necessary legal documentation for a web-based financial clearinghouse for health care providers.
- Developed necessary agreements for web-based insurance quote platform.
- Represented large Internet hardware and service provider in revising form sales and servicing agreements in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented the credit card processing subsidiary of a major financial institution in its IT activities.
- Revised and standardized all worldwide technology service agreements for Fortune 100 company.