Baker Donelson's Corporate Compliance, Ethics and Crisis Management Industry Service Team assists clients in navigating the complex and wide-ranging issues of this challenging area of business management. Our capabilities and experience include:
- Compliance training for some of the nation's largest corporations, including world-wide in-person training of employees and third parties;
- More than 600 lawyers Firm-wide experienced in handling a wide variety of legal matters, both national and international;
- Substantial experience handling sensitive internal investigations, audits and post-resolution monitoring;
- Successful representation in government investigations and enforcement actions, and complex litigation in state and federal courts across the country, including class actions, False Claims Act, whistleblower matters and treble damage actions;
- Emergency responses to immediate crises — search warrants, raids, seizures, data breaches, industrial and workplace accidents; and
- Successful representation in white collar criminal matters.
Our lawyers and advisors include former U.S. assistant attorneys, members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, senior Congressional staffers, senior White House officials, officials of federal and state agencies and Certified Compliance and Ethics Professionals.
Our specific practice areas include:
Our team is also experienced in preparing legal crisis management response plans in the event of emergencies requiring an immediate legal response. These legal response plans provide comprehensive preparation for a variety of emergencies including:
- Search warrants/dawn raids
- Ambush interviews of employees
- Data security breaches
- Cyber attacks
- Environmental spills and releases
- Labor unrest
- Workplace accidents
- Industrial espionage
- Border and Customs seizures and forfeitures
- Supply and distribution disruption
- Discovery of major legal violations
- Natural disasters
Given the complex and immediate issues that arise in these circumstances, it is important that clients have well-thought-out response plans in place, including tested alternative communication systems.
Clients know it's not what we do, but how we do it, that matters most. By understanding your business, we are able to anticipate your needs and help you make smarter decisions. Our goal is to build your confidence, earn your respect and be a valuable business partner. It's how Baker Donelson, now with more than 600 attorneys and advisors, has helped clients succeed for more than 121 years.