Ben Shapiro, senior counsel in the Firm's Atlanta office, is a member of the Construction Group. Mr. Shapiro represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and design professionals in construction disputes in state and federal courts, arbitration and mediation. He has been AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for 30 years, the highest possible peer review rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Shapiro is a co-founder of Georgia Legal Services Program, the state-wide legal service system in Georgia. Mr. Shapiro is also a Fellow in the American College of Construction Lawyers. He is past chair of the Construction Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and he served as a Trustee of Emory University from 1990 to 1996.
Mr. Shapiro attended the United States Naval Justice School and served in the Judge Advocate General Corps in the Naval Reserve.
- Member – Atlanta, Georgia and American Bar Associations
- Member – District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member – U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Construction Law since 2003
- Listed in Georgia Super Lawyers since 2004
- Fellow – American College of Construction Lawyers
- Selected by Georgia Super Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in 2006
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers in the area of Construction since 2004
- Past President – Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, Inc.
- President – Emory Law School Alumni Association
- Selected by the Georgia Legal Services Program (GLSP) as the "GLSP Champion of Justice," 2012
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1967
- Emory University, B.A., 1964
- United States Naval Justice School